Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chistmas Survey

Survey stolen from Manda.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I do love me a good gift bag, but for Christmas I like to use wrapping paper. Although I don't like to find boxes, so most things are just wrapped as is. Makes for some interestingly shaped presents.

2. Real tree or artificial?
Growing up we always had an artificial tree so I have no problems with them. But this year we got a real tree and I absolutely love it.

3. When do you put up the tree?
A couple of weeks before Christmas. Three at the most. And I always take it down in the days following Christmas. There's nothing sadder than a Christmas tree after Christmas.

4. Do you like eggnog?
I do, yes. Yum!

fa la la la la

5. Favorite gift received as a child?
Hmm... that's tough. Honestly, I think I would say the videotape of Disney's Cinderella I got when I was little. I remember watching that movie so much.

6. Do you have a nativity scene?
I don't. I don't like a lot of the ones I see. Too cheesey. Although I have seen some that are just beautiful.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My uncle, David. Definitely.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Depends on the year, but my mom and aunt are pretty easy to buy for.

ornaments

9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. At least I do when I get the cards in time.

10. Favorite Christmas movie?
Too many to name. Home Alone, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Santa Clause, et al.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I almost always start on Black Friday.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Christmas breakfast. Eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, gravy, juice... Love it!

bebe in a bucket

13. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree?
This year we had clear lights, but Eric wants colored for next year. I'll let you know which I like better.

14. Favorite Christmas song?
Sleigh ride. I love to listen to it, I love to sing it, and I loved to play it back when I actually played my sax.

15. Travel or stay at home for Christmas?
Both. Now that we have Alexis, I want to be home on Christmas morning. But I also want to travel so we can see all of the family.

16. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen.

And Rudolph.

christmas card outtake

17. Angel on tree top or star?
I'm open to both.

18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning. Although opening one present on Christmas Eve is nice

19. The most annoying thing this time of year?.
Commercials. Thank goodness for DVR.

20. What do you love most about Christmas?
I love spending time with my family and giving gifts.

what is this thing?

1 comment: